1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is the data collected during the user account registration process for use of some features of this website, including your name, address, email address, phone number, gender, etc. The data is provided by the user freely and voluntarily.
2. Specific Purpose of Using Personal Information
When handling personal information, VCASMO will carefully monitor its use.
3. Limitations of the Use of Personal Information
VCASMO intends to use personal information for purposes of supporting the user's access to the features on this site, mainly for identification of the user through the login session between browser and server. We will also use personal information for technical or sale support through email communications with the user, alerting you to new features, products, and service offerings as they become available. VCASMO will not deal with personal information beyond the scope necessary to for regular use without advance consent of the user, except in the cases mentioned in Point 7.
4. Proper Acquisition of Personal Information
VCASMO use "cookies" to store information like many other websites. A cookie is a file that transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes through the browser. Persistent cookies save your username and password in encrypted key for future auto login to this website. You can always disable this feature by logging out of this website each time when you finish using it. We also use session cookies to enable certain features of this website, such as watching password protected presentations. We keep password-checking records to avoid duplicate password alerts for the same presentation. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you logout of this website and close your browser. Third party advertisers on this website may also place or read cookies on your browser. You can configure your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to login to this website to use some of the features for the user who is logged in. Web servers automatically log the IP/Internet address of your computer, however, VCASMO does not generally use this information to identify you personally.
6. Changes in Purpose of Using Personal Information
When there is a need to change the purpose of using personal information, users will be notified in advance through an announcement on our blog.
7. Limitations on Disclosure to Third Party
- VCASMO doesn't offer third party personal information without obtaining consent of the user in advance except the following cases:
- Requested by judicial bodies or the government.
- When there is a necessity for protection human life, body or property, but it would be difficult to obtain the consent of user beforehand.
- Communication with a parent or guardian about his or her child's personal information. VCASMO is not aimed at users who are under 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our system.
- When there is business migration of VCASMO to a third party (e.g. acquisition of VCASMO), all the personal information may transfer to the new successor for website operating purposes.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
You can contact VCASMO to find out what kind of personal information we have stored.
9. Correction of Personal Information
You can request that VCASMO correct your information if it is not correct. VCASMO will do it as soon as possible, unless there some extra process required by law.
10. Removal of Personal Information
11. Applicable Laws
VCASMO will observe the principles of personal data privacy protection and comply with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) in adopting its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Room 4, Block A, 3/F, Fuk Tsun Factory Building, 66-68 Fuk Tsun Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Fax: +852 3121-0640